Friday, October 18, 2013

I thought I was alone in this. I have memories of the womb. Warm, dark but not without light. Soft. Comfortable. Safe. Sound of mom's heart. I always thought maybe I imagined it, but it's very real. I used to dream about that place. Now it turns out... it was all true. Read this. Now you know more about me than you thought you would. You also know how important it is to care for that CHILD inside, prophesy and love over ... it's not a fetus... he or she is a child. I remember.


Becky Fischer
Did you know that Newborns remember words they heard in the womb? That's according to researchers at the University of Helsinki. I have had numerous parents relate stories to me of their children saying things that were clear memories of being in the womb.

In visiting about this with some friends, the Lord brought back a memory I had personally that I never knew what to do with. I can still see it vividly in my mind. I never knew if it was a dream or reality.

I have a clear memory of looking out towards this round dome-like "wall" that was yellowish/peachy colored wall and clearly there was a light behind it on the other side of where I was looking. In the wall (or partition) there were what looked like little blood vessels running throughout. After these conversations, I am convinced it was me looking out through my mother's womb. Can't prove it however...

If this is true for me and many other children...if this report from Helsinki is true...what does this say to us about the words we speak over our unborn children?

Beyond that, should we be strategic in even speaking the word of God over them, prophesying over them in the womb, and singing Christ-centered songs over them in the womb? What would that do to the spiritual development our our children? Would it give them a spiritual "head start" for their lives?

Your thoughts?

No comments: