Thursday, November 20, 2014

I stopped singing in some churches a LONG TIME ago.

 This article is right. Prophetic Worship works for me. Hymnody works. But most of the "tunes" touted as worship aren't. When I first got saved and filled with the Holy Ghost we would sing the same scripture song 20 times. By 15 we started to get it. There is great theology in some Hymns and some of the earlier songs. I NEVER listen to K-LOVE any more. Sorry.. I'm a pagan I guess. I wish I could make every worship leader read this. Many are demonized by Jezebel or sexually confused. I will say Kathy Summers and Brad Hampton are exceptions to the rule.. but let's get the demons off the platform. Pure worship is PURE. 20 years ago Pastor Schmidgal would sit on a chair, head hung down, mic in hand, and begin singing "we worship and adore you, bowing down before you". AND WORSHIP WOULD BREAK OUT. You don't need a big band to have worship.. just a pure heart.
Worship leaders around the world are sadly changing their church’s worship (often unintentionally) into a spectator event, and people are not singing any more.
blog.ncbaptist.org

No comments: