Tuesday, February 10, 2015

I am a sexual assaulter


I questioned the 1 in 5 statistic President Obama cited the other night, (20%) of all women have been sexually assaulted. As a man, trust me, there just isn't that many women who are being assaulted. It didn't ring true. It was fascinating that when I did, many women said, OH YES, it's true. So I thought is that even possible?
Digging deeper and deeper into this I discovered that I am probably a sexual assaulter since one of the criteria in the badly worded questionnaire asked if a woman didn't want to be kissed and a man tried to kiss her, that qualified as assault. Well guess what, I knew a lot of girls who wanted to be kissed and some who did not. When I tried they rebuffed me. So I guess I sexually assaulted them. The REAL statistic is more like 7 out of 1000. It's like the anti hunger statistic that 1 in 6 Americans go to bed hungry every night. It's simply not true. I'm not hiding my head in the sand, I just refuse to buy into fake information that causes low information people to go even lower.
Sometimes a bag of lies comes dressed in a fancy ribbon with a box of candy, but is in fact filled with snakes. We need that gift of discernment to be restored to the Body of Christ:
2 Corinthians 7:13
For such men are false apostles, deceitful workers, disguising themselves as apostles of Christ. 14No wonder, for even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light. 15Therefore it is not surprising if his servants also disguise themselves as servants of righteousness, whose end will be according to their deeds.
Ephesians 6:12
For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.
Matthew 12:34
You brood of vipers, how can you who are evil say anything good? For the mouth speaks what the heart is full of.
John 8:44
For you are the children of your father the devil, and you love to do the evil things he does. He was a murderer from the beginning. He has always hated the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he lies, it is consistent with his character; for he is a liar and the father of lies.
President Barack Obama repeated sexual assault statistics during the Grammys on Sunday night that have been thoroughly discredited. In a video during the broadcast of the awards ceremony, Obama sai
freebeacon.com

No comments: