Saturday, April 12, 2008

A Book that Helps Reveal the True Nature of God

I don't read many "Christian" books anymore. I own a thousand or so, have read them all, but find much of which is in Christian bookstores to be mostly banal. I have given up finding anything that really is worthwhile.

Once in a while one comes along that is fresh, new, challenging, painful and revelatory. This is one such. The Shack.

I won't even try to tell you the story line, I won't try to convince you of it. It's only a couple hundred pages and readable in a couple hours. I finished reading it this morning. Peggy and I read the whole thing in one sitting. Unfortunately if you start reading it, you won't stop till it's done.

Being a partial Biblicist I recognize the faithfulness to scripture. If you want to try to take another look at the doctrine of the Trinity this can help.

What really helped is the idea of the fractal of life. A fractal is one of those pictures of people's faces that makes up the whole of the USA map. You have to look close at this map to see one face. But there it is. Every event we live is a color or tone on the fractal of our lives. Nothing is good or bad but our thinking of it that makes it so. It's a clear understanding of Romans 8:28.

I recommend this book. You can get all the information on it by going to this website.

It might be in Christan bookstores. Or not. I don't go there much so I wouldn't know.

If you want to know God better in all his glory read this book. It'll ring more true than you know. It can help heal your broken heart.

1 comment:

Dr. Barry L. Kolb said...

While attending an apostolic council this past September, one of the members of our group gave each of us a copy of this book. It is a great read--and worth trying to find.