Saturday, February 23, 2013

Why I Cannot and Will Not Vote Democrat: Facts....Only the Facts! By Mel Whitlock



1. I believe in Christianity-I do not believe in standing with godless agendas, nor do I believe in changing God's design for the sake of political acceptance. I will never receive 100% approval from any secular group and organizations, because I stand against their intent to make America godless.

2. I believe in the individual-As much as the government is needed for structure and order in society, I do not believe the government is a better lifeline for those in need then the government. Before our government was created, people provided for their neighbors and others, and that trend continues even today.

3. I believe in education-I do not believe schools should be rewarded with more economic capital for continued failure. Just as one cannot fix a leaky faucet with a dollar bill, failing schools cannot be fixed with pumping money to under performing teachers and administration.

4. I believe in the family-It was and is not God's design to introduce same sex relationship as something to be accepted in society. Some may mistake my position and call it 'bigotry;' instead, that is a pathetic ignorance of suggesting that people cannot disagree without being labeled or characterized unfairly. I believe that my daughter was my child in the womb, and is not a fetus whose life depended on her mother.

5. I believe in State Autonomy-When some think of 'states rights' they assume it reverts to justifying the South in the Civil War, WRONG! The matter of my conservative belief in states' rights is centered on the belief that some laws work better in certain states then they do in others.

6. I believe in limited government-The government does serve a purpose when it comes to roads, military defense, foreign interest, import/export taxation; however, the government is not a charity box for other nations and those who choose not to provide for themselves. Social Security pays for too many entitlements, and I do not agree with the threat of people losing their earned money because the government expands itself.

7. I believe in the Second Amendment-Women and elderly especially, have a right to keep and bear arms to protect themselves. I trust women being able to shoot their attacker to evade being attacked, then urinated on them. That was just dumb logic!

8. I believe in Civil Rights-I believe that people deserve an equal opportunity (not outcome) to achieve the goals and dreams of America. Not everything we call a right is a right, but the basic rights to respect individuals and their freedoms must be protected.

9. I believe in equal taxation-If a person earns 40k or 400k, the tax percentage must be the same. In the end, the wealthy still pays their "fair share"

10. I believe in America-This is what is most important about conservatism, and I will never apologize for my country and my American heritage.

All ten points I mention, contradict the Democrat Party position and platform. Fact!

No comments: