Friday, May 27, 2005

This dead horse needs one more beating

I can't promise I will NEVER bring this up again. But for now, this will be my last word on the subject (until next time).

I am not a PhD
I am a Christian who believes the Bible from Genesis to Maps
I can think for myself and that frustrates other Christians as well as pagan friends of mine

I don't believe Darwin figured it out. I also don't believe the earth is 5783 years old. The Bible doesn't support that idea. But, the Bible certainly doesn't support Darwin.

I think unbridled acceptance of the religion of evolution as promulgated by Darwin and his disciples and theologians in our colleges has grave danger to the capacity to think clearly about who we are and what it all means.

I am not alone. Look at this article from today's tribune. It really demonstrates the quandary when brilliant people with lots of letters behind their name tenured from world famous secular educational institutions cast serious doubt on the whole theology of Darwin and evolution.

Like a commercial says, "I'm not asking you to change, I'm asking you to think about it and then you decide"

It's the thinking part that's so hard for most folks.

No comments: