Saturday, May 28, 2005

I'm not a golfer, but.......

It's been a nice day, the start of a long weekend. A friend of mine invited me to be part of his foursome for a company golf outing. I shot terribly except for one really nice putt, one really nice drive that ended up on the green 3 feet off the pin. And, serious duffing otherwise. But I enjoyed myself.

I used to golf. When I was in college I golfed every single day the course was open. I even golfed the morning I got married. The day after I got married I didn't golf. In fact I only golfed a dozen times that first year and it drifted from there. Now I 'm down to 3 or 4. If I were better I might take a shot. My friends gave me a really nice set of clubs for a wedding present I used today. 39 years old. Older than most of the fellows I golfed with today.

What made it a little challenging is that I am suffering, (really suffering) from a prolonged bout of gout. This is my 4th episode. My big toe is swollen 2X the size of the other. I limp and it throbs. I don't eat beef in excess. I am just a tad over my weight limit. Well ok, about a third. And I misbehave some. So, perhaps this is the Lord telling me to slow down, lose weight and behave. Yes Lord Yes.

Then coming Home I gardened until Dark. That's what spring is all about.

I'm traveling starting Tuesday for 10 days on business. I don't think I'll be able to blog on the road. I'm NOT taking my laptop. I'll use someone else's or something.

Go to Church!

No comments: