Tuesday, June 28, 2005

I Missed the Whole Parade

We just had our Gay Pride parade in Chicago. I wasn’t in it. I missed it on TV. It would have been rated XXX. I’ll recover.

I have a few questions if anyone cares:

  • Is anyone but me sort of sick in the gut of all this I’m more out than you are stuff?
  • When is the last time you hung out your genitalia and bragged of being more heterosexual than anyone else?
  • Isn’t it stupid or is it just me that every TV news team has to make an appearance now or be considered close minded?
  • Is a parade that has nudity in spades, simulated (or maybe not so simulated) sex acts and large floats of phallic symbols raise just a question or two in your mind?
  • Heterosexuals have some displays of sexuality and other things. Mardi Gras comes to mind. But, this is that times 50. Is that OK with you?
  • Isn’t some of this just in your face-ism and not a good time as they might claim?
  • Is this a sign of a good healthy civilization or is it something far less?

If you have the answers to all this please help me understand. I know and care deeply about many friends who are part of this lifestyle choice. I know enough to know that Gay is far from the way I would describe it. In fact depressed and prickly is the real moniker.

So, lets call it for what it is. The I’m Depressed and Prickly Pride Parade.

Signing up anyone?

No comments: