Wednesday, August 31, 2005

The Best Arguments for and Against Evolution

Argument for:

I watched the news channels late last night and early this morning. I saw all those looters in New Orleans including some that were supposed to be policing the streets shopping for shoes.

I submit those represent un-evolved apes just barely out of the trees
(sorry to all apes for the insult). I am not going to claim or allow them into the ranks of civilized mankind on my watch. Whatever happened to Marshall Law? Just send a couple dozen rednecks down there with 30-06’s and a belt full of ammo with a 4-power scope and say, “go ahead, loot, and make my day”. Believe me the gene pool wouldn’t miss them.

This is not a race-based comment. There were white un-evolved vermin there as well. They have to be lower on the evolutionary scale since no evolved human does what they were doing.

We were created to be a little lower than God (higher than the Angels). How far the race of man can fall is beyond me. I shouldn't be shocked but I am.

Argument against:

I don't deny Dinosaurs existed before the catastrophe whenever that happened and destroyed life on earth as we knew it, (Meteor) and disappeared Genesis 1:1a (first half of the verse) seems to support this.. I don't deny that the earth is very very old. Eternity has a habit of tricking us that way.

My question is, if man was not created as a divine being,

WHERE ARE THE BONES?

We can't help but trip over fossils of all kinds everywhere we dig. Bones of every ilk. Dinos, birds, fish. Bones bones bones.

But HUMAN bones, fossil or otherwise? Am I supposed to believe that all other bones of all other species were preserved except man? If man walked about the earth in some form or another evolving for millions of years as evolutionists say then there should be bones, lots of bones. Fossil and otherwise.

I'm puzzled.

That's the part about intelligent design that haunts open minded people.

And we are supposed to teach a thesis that intentionally doesn't ask the hard questions to the exclusion of all others. That's real "religion" and it takes a lot more faith than I'm willing to invest myself in blindly.

Where are the bones?

tip of the hat to Brad

1 comment:

Dr. Barry L. Kolb said...

Amen to that! If Darwin is right and there is no meaning and purpose to life then the criminals are right, they believe in survival of the fittest. The irony is that most atheists believe that people are evolving to be better, nicer and kinder. That is anti-Darwinian. Random mutation and natural selection are the twin pillars of Darwinism. We don't evolve to be nicer and kinder, we evolve under the Darwinian model to eat the weak and clean out the gene pool. It is a bad idea to let diabetics and others with bad genes to survive under the Darwinian model, it pollutes the gene pool. The fruits of the spirit are each traits that will not create a stronger, meaner survivor. The fruits of the spirit wouldn't evolve in a Darwinian world, so how did we get them?