Monday, January 23, 2006

Being Omniscient is Hard sometimes.

It’s Monday again.  Let’s see.

 

Yesterday I pushed the button in the car for the door opener and started to back up.  Before the door began to open.  Fortunately the door and I saw each other before impact.

 

Then I was off to Church.

 

I was teaching from Rev Chap 5 and leading to 6 on the duality of the Godhead and it’s Trinitarian implications.  Teaching people who have no clue what I’m talking about, I’m doing what no theologian ever tries to do:  Explain the concept of the Trinity in 40 minutes or less. 

 

Afterward in total despair I said to Peggy, “The bus didn’t get there today”.  My wonderful wife said, “Well you gave everyone a great deal to think about”.  That means the bus didn’t get there. (Terminology which in preacher terms means you tried as hard as you might and no one figured out where you were going or were able to ride along.  The bus didn’t get there). 

 

So, today, I’m feeling rather dismal.  I’ve got the Monday morning preacher blues.  Happens often.  I’m sure Dylan wrote about this.

 

Then, to top it off: 

 

I’m off this morning to see if there are any big checks at the post office.  Nothing.  Leaving the post office I look to the right, a minivan ahead of me.  I look to the left, nothing coming.  So I go.  The minivan didn’t.  Crunch.  1 mile per hour.  I’m sure that between our automobiles it will be $4000.  And Ford is going broke.

 

Idiot.  Not her.  ME.  So after a half hour on the line with a really nice lady from Liberty Mutual, my victim and I departed. 

 

I did a couple other errands.

 

Then, feeling very sorry for myself.  I decided on some comfort food.

 

I’ll bet as a German you would have prescribed sauerkraut.  Most of the time that wouldn’t be a bad bet.  But, comfort food for me is SUSHI.  I love sushi.  And the rolls.  The really hot mayo.  lots of wasabi.  Burn out the guts.  Now that’s real comfort.  No chocolate for me.  Noserii.

 

I could use some pity here.  I’m feeling kind of old and stupid.  I know I have friends who know that feeling sometimes.  You might be amused to know that on my business cards it says “Gene Redlin, Horticultural Q”.  I am almost never asked what that means.  If you are a Star Trek Next Gen fan it will be clear.

 

I hope to return to my omniscient self soon.

 

Then I will have all the answers for all the world.  But not on Mondays.

 

 

2 comments:

NodakJack said...

When does the bus arrive?

Anonymous said...

You can get tapeworms from sushi. I read that somewhere.