Friday, March 31, 2006

Mexicans Versus American White Boys

This happened this morning.

I am in the nursery business. During this time of year getting product dug and shipped and out the door is all we can do.


Finding competent help is the issue. Much of the nursery trade uses Mexicans. Many are illegal.


I was speaking to a large nursery in Tennessee who was complaining of their plight. They had posted signs all over town looking for workers. $11 per hour. Pretty much hard manual labor. The phone had rung off the hook all morning. White boys hot to trot.


Here’s what the nursery operator said: “"Mostly we got calls from white boys. You know, pick-up drivin’ mullet wearing tattooed types. We used to hire them but they couldn’t finish a days work and never came back a second day. If they had to do actual work they complained all the time. Now we only hire Mexicans. We can tell who we will hire by their accent. If they speak English we don’t even discuss it. But we did get a couple who couldn’t speak a lick. They’'ll be great".”


Pure and simple reverse discrimination.


So this morning in Tennessee 2 more illegals took jobs White Boys are still looking for. I know the type. Did you ever see the TV Show, My Name is Earl. That’s your average white boy. You want him working for you?? I like blue collar TV as a joke but hiring them is a joke.


So, the white boys in Tennessee stay on welfare and unemployment and the illegals are hired because they actually do work.


In fact the nursery said they pay MORE for a good Mexican than any white boy they ever had working for them.


I can tell you from my own experience it’s true. I was never sued for workman’s comp by Mexicans (twice from white boys), I never had to discuss sick days with Mexicans (a constant battle with white boys) and I never had to push the Mexicans to finish an undone job with a little overtime (when it’s Miller Time for white boys they quit).


I wish it weren’t so. I wish the work ethic among the white boys were equal to the Mexican labor force. It’s not in my experience.


Somehow our weenie school system, video games, TV, draconian child labor laws and the hip hop culture has bred the work ethic out of our country. I fear for the white boy future. They don’t have one.


Jose and hose B do.

Mexicans 100 – White Boys 0

No comments: