Sunday, March 26, 2006

Who the heck are you (Politically)

I took this clever little test to see what my political and social position really is. It's pretty good. Take it and let me know what you ended up being. Now, to those of you who think I'm a right wing radical. I'm far more centered than most. You are the one with the far out views. ;-)

I score about the same as Pope John Paul II. I could do worse.

Hat tip to Say Anything


You are a

Social Conservative
(35% permissive)

and an...

Economic Moderate
(55% permissive)

You are best described as a:

Centrist











1 comment:

Steve Scott said...

According to this test I am:

Social liberal (75% permissive)
Economic conservative (90% permissive)
best described as a: Libertarian
Its added comment: "You exhibit a very well-developed sense of Right and Wrong and believe in economic fairness."


Gene,
I've taken a number of these political and theological "tests" and am frustrated by the lack of ability to state my true positions. I think they reveal more about the limitations in the author's thinking than they do about my beliefs. Many questions are unanswerable because they are either logical fallacies, don't consider the broadest scope, are narrowly vague or are simply the wrong question. But in any case, they are fun because they show the limits of labels and also because I can make fun of how other people might view me. I'm not arguing with its assessment of me as a libertarian, just that many questions have limitations of their own.

In high school those psychological "vocational aptitude" tests I took said I should be a nurse!