Friday, April 28, 2006

Made in China Won't Fit

I needed a new pair of workboots.  Size 13.  I thought I could get by wearing tennies but I get so much dirt in them when digging it becomes uncomfortable.  So hightops with laces, yea that's the ticket.
 
Off to Farm and Fleet I go.  I mean, workboots, Farm and Fleet, hand in hand. 
 
I use inserts, arch supports.  So in addition to width and length I need a little headroom.  I found a dandy pair of boots, price was right.  But they were uncomfortable with the inserts.  Made in Thailand.  $69.  Another pair, made in China, same price, same fit of discomfort. 
 
So I shopped.  Then I came upon a pair of Wolverine boots.  Love at first fit.  Inserts no problem, lots of "headroom". 
 
I looked at the tag, Assembled in America.  I don't know what that exactly means.  I have a feeling that might be weasel speak for made somewhere else and the laces were installed here.  I'm not sure.
 
But, the "assembled in America" boots fit well, work good, and I'm a happy camper. 
 
I feel so darn patriotic.

1 comment:

Julie said...

I could have told you that Wolverine boots would be your best choice.