Wednesday, August 30, 2006

The Ubiquitous Black Bag

I just flew in from Columbus OH (man are my arms tired). Sorry, I can’t help myself.

I was there doing some technical expert work as I do from time to time.

In picking up my Olive Drab luggage from the carousel I took note of the black bag invasion. EVERYONE has a black bag. They all look alike.

Who buys a square black rollerbag so you can touch every one that comes off the carousel to find yours? They all look exactly alike. I don’t get it. When I bought the bag I have now I was very careful to find one that was distinctive. That way when the bag burper burps my bag I can immediately identify it.

Maybe those who have the little black bags have RFID chips in them. Maybe it’s like that March of the Penguins things. They all look alike except to mom and dad penguin.

All I know is I refuse to be a sheep. They must be cheap, those black bags, but don’t they come in ANY other color than black? I did get a roller bag. It’s fire engine red. I never use it.

Or maybe it’s like the model T. You can have any color you want as long as it’s black.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Black doesn't show scuff marks as much as the light colored bags. A personalized luggage tag can help you detemine which bag is yours. I use Red electrical tape on the handle of my black bag! Last thing I want at an airport is for my luggage to stand out too much!