Friday, August 18, 2006

What a Great Vehicle

Peggy and I just returned from Tennessee on a nursery shopping trip. I looked at many thousands of trees and a good time was had by all.

When I go I fly into Nashville, rent a car and drive to the country to see trees.

This time I decided to rent a Jeep Liberty. That’s a large version of the WWII version but with a V-6.

It had 4-wheel drive. Shift in and out. Overdrive. And very high clearance.

WHAT A NEAT SUV. Not great mileage. Driving half time thru mud and ruts and half the time on roads for about 600 miles we got an average of 15 mpg. I understand on the road you can expect 20.

But this is one well engineered SUV, bigger than the RAV 4. Roomy but small enough to park in any garage. But for me, size and all and I am a big guy, I fit in it very well. Leg room was excellent. And so maneuverable.

I think there may be a Jeep Liberty in our future. I like it that much. I just hope they get the mileage up a tad. The Reviews on this SUV are fabulous. Well-done Chrysler.

Speaking of Mileage. A few weeks ago I was pontificating on the great mileage the high mileage Buick was getting. Then all at once the injectors started plugging up. I had to have them cleaned. Clean injectors cost me 4 MPG.

My theory (and I’m sticking to it) is the dirty injectors let just a tad too little fuel in and so we were running lean. Mileage great. But susceptible to dirt.

More tomorrow, it’s late and I have to work tomorrow.

4 comments:

NodakJack said...

Reliance on Middle East for gasoline be damned. Full speed ahead.

NodakJack said...

Reliance on Middle East for gasoline be damned. Full speed ahead.

Anonymous said...

For another couple thousand you can get the diesel-powered liberty.

Anonymous said...

For another couple thousand you can get the diesel-powered liberty.