Saturday, September 16, 2006

Tent Torn Down

Today the tent is being torn down in a cornfield near Asheville North Carolina. There has been a revival meeting going on there for the last few months. 4000 people have been saved and/or baptized in the nearby river since this revival meeting began in July. The tent meeting was only scheduled for a couple weeks. It just didn’t stop.

I have seen this before. It is a wonderful thing. Even the newspapers reported it. Do it again Lord, do it again.

Friday the President of the United States was asked at a press conference about statements he had made about a third great awakening:
Bush told reporters he has noticed far more people approaching him at public events lately and telling him "Mr. President, I'm praying for you."

The president said he considered the prayer offerings a sign of a "third awakening" of religious devotion similar to the great spiritual revivals that transformed America prior to the nation's independence in the 18th century, and again before the Civil War in the 19th century.

"It seems like to me that something is happening in the religious life of America," Bush said. "I'm able to see a lot of people, and from my perspective, people are coming to say, 'I'm praying for you.' And it's an uplifting part of being the president. It inspires me."

I see it too. Something is up. Dead religion is being set aside for a true spiritual focus on Jesus. Creative new ideas are being implemented by men and women of God to build bridges to the lost. To create an atmosphere for revival. This one intrigued me. Jesus in a beer glass. I wasn't offeneded, I was impressed.

Of course religious people hate revival. Always have, always will. Never support it, never engage it. Persecute it. Jesus was crucified. The Pharisees are still crucifying Jesus.

And, the non-Christian doesn’t have a clue. Deer in the headlights. Look at what Maureen Dowd said about the President’s remarks. She uses a sincere comment by Bush to bash him. They are pitiful and pitiless. The comments on this person's blog show you the "depth" of their hatred for Bush. Blinded by rage they lurch headlong into a hell of their own design.

No matter what you believe, only one is true. Heaven or Hell is the ultimate destination. Religions have different ways of teaching who will end up where. I think it is the ultimate bad gamble to hope things will work out and not explore deeply what it means in God’s economy regarding our eternal soul.

The tent is being torn down today near Ashville. That doesn't mean God is done, it means he is doing a new thing. But, everyone's tent will be torn down. Then what?

1 comment:

jurassicpork said...

Please do not link to me ever again, Bible-thumper. I can't afford to disinfect my blog just now.