Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Big Boys and Mud

Yesterday I was south of LaSalle IL about an Hour plus SW of me. We have had a lot of rain. A lot. It was pointed out to me that in the word of the Lord which I was given at the end of last year for 2007 there was a reference to the cold spring we would have (we did) and the huge rainfalls we would have (we did). Record stuff.

But I have trees to tag. To get them ready for digging. So off I go in my trusty little Dodge Picky and drive directly into the nursery. I hop out and trot around. Beautiful day. Nearly 80 degrees. Birds singing, frogs croaking. Forsythia blooming. (Technically Forsythia doesn't bloom, but that's another topic) Witchhazel filling the air with fragrance. Couldn't be nicer.

Then I decide to go down this one lane with Mr. Dodge. I fell into the biggest hole you have ever seen. To the axle. It's the second worst time I have ever been stuck.

So, I called for help. A friend of mine send a tractor. I was tugged out.

I remembered an old saying. You can always tell the difference between a man and a boy. If a man sees a puddle he walks around it. If a boy sees a puddle he walks thru it.

Despite the birthdate annotation of my drivers licence I think I'm still boy at heart.

Oh, and one other thing. I mad dash to another nursery about dusk to look at some trees. After doing so walking back I fell in the largest mud puddle you ever saw. My pants were filthy, so was I.

All in all a glorious day.

No comments: