Saturday, March 31, 2007

Friday, the day from Heck

I'm trying to keep it clean but it really was Hell. 
 
First:
Mid afternoon.  Truck driver shows up at my customers site with a thousand dollars worth of plants on and a freight bill for $1300.
 
755 pounds.
 
That's nearly $2 per pound. 
 
That's also highway robbery.  The robbers in this case use a Yellow Freight truck in stead of a gun. 
 
That's the price and you have to pay it.  We said no.  They hemmed, hawed and then "Reluctantly" cut the price in half.  I should be happy but they still charged me twice too much.  Upset customer.  Upset shipper.  Upset me.  Yellow Freight Scam Line doesn't care.  Yellow Freight Rip-off Trucking.  Yellow Freight bully.  I want GOOGLE to find these terms.  They will.
 
I am going to contest this.  It's wrong and I won't sanction incompetence.  Looking the other way when someone does it to you is saying "That's OK, hit me again".  I'm not prone to do this.
 
Second:
A church I have been helping get started in the City was kicked out of the rented facility for zoning.  8 days before opening to the Public.  This after thousands of dollars were spent in publicity.
 
There had never been a peep about this.  But this is North Riverside IL.  North Riverside was founded a hundred years ago as a retreat center for Holiness Christians.  Now, there are only 2 churches left in the whole town.  City fathers have made a decision they want no more.  Therefore there is no allowance for any Church, Synagogue or Mosque to be established henceforth in North Riverside IL.  They have been zoned out forever.
 
Let this be a notice.  There is great animosity to Religion in our country.  I won't call it persecution --- Yet.  But it's coming.
 
North Riverside has gangs, murder, racial tension, crime and decay.  The answer is to change people's hearts.  That sounds like the Church to me.  No, they just hire more cops. Cops cost tax money.  And the darkness deepens.
 
Northern Illinois is spiritually one of the darkest regions in the USA.  Most ministries who come here have ONE meeting and never come back again.  Copland, Hinn, Graham, Dollar and many others came once.  Never again.
 
I know of certain traveling ministers who won't even come to minister in a church in Northern IL.  The darkness is too much.
 
There are a few bright spots but Chicagoland is the most unchuched and unchristian area I have ever seen in my whole life.  There is a small and declining Christian community.  The few that are Christians sadly are biblical illiterates.  This Pastor founding this church reports that when new believers come in they don't know anything about anything in the Bible.  Don't know who Moses was.  Don't know who Noah was.  Know of Jonah from the cartoon.  Jesus is strange to them.  And they couldn't name even ONE of the disciples.  They don't have any idea about anything at all regarding the Bible.  What's worse, is the secularist have them convinced its like any other book.  That the Bible isn't true.  That it's all fairy tales.  That it's just someone's opinion.  If you haven't got even the basis of the Bible as your foundation for faith where do you start? 
 
I would invite Missionaries to come but they'll destroy you.  This is a church planters graveyard.  We need missionaries.  I just don't want to bring one here to die on the mission field.
 
The little Church that just was kicked out will survive.  Just not in North Riverside.  They need help.  Not money, laborers.  I know this probably will not reach anyone who could, but, if you have Sunday mornings open and you could be help in a church plant in Berwyn IL they could use your help.
 
If you contact me, I'll put you in touch.
 
No more Fridays like that please.
 

2 comments:

Steve Scott said...

Gene,
Can they meet in somebody's house?

Anonymous said...

Northern Illinois is spiritually one of the darkest regions in the USA. Most ministries who come here have ONE meeting and never come back again. Copland, Hinn, Graham, Dollar and many others came once. Never again. THIS DOES NOT SAY MUCH FOR THEIR ABILITY TO DEAL WITH SPIRITUAL WARFARE--WRITING OFF PLACES SO EASILY.

I know of certain traveling ministers who won't even come to minister in a church in Northern IL. The darkness is too much. MINISTERS WHO CANNOT DEAL WITH SPIRITUAL DARKNESS AREN'T NEEDED.