Sunday, April 01, 2007

Of Remembence and Sainthood

I just returned from a 3 hour intense visit with a man I have admired for many years.  He is a Pastor.  It was great to spend some quality time with him.
 
We talked about all kinds of things not all Biblical.
 
I have come to the conclusion that if you fear confrontation, difficulty, nastiness, negative people and sin then you should NEVER be in the ministry.
 
That's where they all are.
 
But the good news is I know who the redeemer is and he is well able to dig them back out of the hole they dig for themselves.
 
My friend Pastor Barry Kolb said that we are all in a boat and we think only our boat is shaking and seeming to sink in the waves.  It's not true.  Everyone's boat is rocking and seeming to sink.  But if we keep our eyes on Jesus the boat won't seem so shaky.  Heck, we might even walk on water.  That's another story.
 
I say that Barry Kolb is a friend.  He should be a saint.  According to the news they are beatifying John Paul II because a woman was healed from his intercession.   I know for a fact Pastor Kolb has been responsible for more than one person healed as a result of his prayers and intercession and ministry. 

So, if we use the same standards he should be in line for beatification.
 
Come to think of it so should I.  Saint Gene.  HMMMM.  Has a nice ring to it doesn't it.  I mean I have had a number of people over the years that I have laid hands on and they have been healed.  So. Don't I qualify?
 
But them I'm not Catholic.  St. Gene still sounds about right.  I mean I'd get one of those little statues of me and put it on the dashboard. 
 
Waddaya think?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Re : another Gospel: Yes, the guy in England comes under the ban -- Gal. 1:9...........and in reference to 'sainthood' -- Thank God, we know who all the 'saints' are -- even the Corinthians who believed in the Christ of the Gospel were called 'saints'. We need not pontification for our sainthood.

Dr. Barry L. Kolb said...

Thanks for the nomination--but I prefer to wait & hear "well done good and faithful servant."