Friday, July 27, 2007

Computer Update Update

Well here it is nearly 3 weeks into it and Kevin hasn't killed me yet. I'm a joy to work with ; -)). We're almost up to full power. He seems not to mind my yelling at him all the time. I don't but I can get a little irritable.

We now have high speed. It works. I'm supposed to be able to download at 6 meg or something. It was the fastest ATT DSL sold.

Meanwhile my email provider went offline regarding outbound emails. I get them but I have to send under another email server. All in all silly.

The new HP computer with 2 gig of memory and 200 gig of drive and dual processors is OK. I could have lived without Vista. After 3 weeks it's still awful. If you have XP hang on to it for 2 more years. Maybe someday Vista will get straightened out. I looked at Office 2007 and downloaded Open Office (Free office suite). It's much better than the gobbledygook Microsoft put out. I had to download Realplayer since windows player doesn't play anything. Windows Mail is a joke. It's supposed to be the follow up to Outlook Express. DUMB is what it is. Good ol Thunderbird was Johnny on the spot.

The new computer is fast. Peggy's is full up to speed too. A new Power Supply (Quiet!) and another 384 MB of memory made it a real computer. The upgrade only cost $80.

So, I blog at lightspeed now. Hopefully I'll do some actual work soon.

I am listening to a great internet radio network. THE WELL.

High Speed has many advantages like listening to great music while working. I need to get a set of good speakers to enhance the experience. This is the kind of music that sooths the soul and causes vision to be recovered. Try it.

What's interesting is I personally know many of the artists on this feed. They are rooted in the House of Prayer Movement which kicked off in the late 90's in Kansas City. Peggy and I were present at the birth of this whole thing. That's where I'm headed, to the house of prayer in about 10 minutes. I do it every Friday Night.

Till Tomorrow.

No comments: