Wednesday, July 04, 2007

North Dakota in a Rearview Mirror

Due to popular demand I am now going to offer my well founded opinions on what is going on in North Dakota:
 
Everything's fine.  In fact couldn't be better. 
 
Everyone is prospering and happy beyond belief.  Fulfilled, well appointed to challenging places in life.  Finding all the friends and relationships ample and satisfying.
 
Every person with any ambition is well rewarded for the fruit of their efforts.  The standard of living for everyone in North Dakota continues to get better and better.
 
     The future looks so bright everyone wears sunglasses. 
 
Who do you think I'm kidding?  I will only make tangent references to the blog I am keeping on North Dakota. I am also sending links to the entries to legislators who keep in touch with me as well as the economic development folks who still talk to me.  Of course there's good ol Rob Port who allows me to rant away.  My Gubenatorial contact is no longer there.
 
Julie, I only make my observations because they make a difference.  What makes you think I do any less for my Adopted home state of IL?  They hear from me too. 
 
If I thought no one cared, was irritated, gave a darn I wouldn't go to the effort.  Because they do I do. 
 
No one will be forced to read what I write.  I will make reference to the entries.  If it cause frustration and anger perhaps the net result will be to see if there are changes. 
 
Not all change will be improvement, but there can absolutely be no improvement without a change.  Allowing things to remain as they are without challenge means nothing changes for better or worse.
 
Stay tuned, or don't.  The choice is yours.

1 comment:

Julie said...

Whatever, Gene. You make sweeping generalizations with amazing fortitude.

"Rearview mirror" is the key phrase.

Mirrors reverse things.