Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Snoozin 'n Loozin

Kevin is here.  He and I are bringing me into the 21'st century computerwise.  I'll miss windows 98 and 95 I hardly knew ye.  Being 62 which is 10,000 in computer years this is a huge upgrade to me.
 
I'm off to XP land.  High Speed Internet so I can blog faster. 
 
Kevin has Peggy's computer on the floor all torn apart.  It is a wonder to behold.
 
Today I saw exactly the computer I have been wanting to buy.  $988.
 
Usually it's on sale at $1400.  2 gig hard drive, 200 gig memory.  Dual Processors.  Right up my alley. 
 
I see it, I think about it.  I come back to buy it.  Snoozed and lost.
 
We have a whole month of this to find this deal again.
 
One amusing anecdote.  The guy waiting on us while we were looking at recording dvd units made the comment, "Yea, that one's been out a year, it's obsolete.  We're waiting for the new units to come in."
 
He was about my age.
 
Talk about obsolete. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congradulations and welcome to the 21st century....

btw, High Speed and Holy Spirit have the same initials. Coincidence? Both are pretty quick on giving answers.

(thought you'd enjoy that one...)
B