Thursday, September 27, 2007

Microsoft Vista is HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE

When I got my laptop in July it came with MS Vista on it. I was told that deinstalling it to put XP on it would be unwise and that I would get used to it.

Well, it's now been two and a half months.
I'm not used to it.

It is buggier and dumber than anything I have seen Microsoft do except for Word 2007 which I have now deinstalled. Don't bother, it's awful. I am not alone in my opinion of Vista.

Try Googling VISTA SUCKS. You will get 2.2 million hits. I paged thru several of the first pages. The anger is palpable. I don't expect that Microsoft cares. This product should be withdrawn from the market, money refunded and an apology given by Bill Gates publicly. If this were a government program the congress would have executives from Microsoft subpoenaed for testimony on how they could have possibly screwed up so badly.

It's not better. It's just bad software. Stupid is a better word. I won't even go in to all the ways it is a huge huge step backwards from XP but it is. Totally incompetent.

I have decided to bite the bullet and format my hard drive and reinstall XP.

You can't downgrade. Why. Get ready for this. The Deathstar Gates will not allow you to downgrade install without paying a fee. So, he got me coming and now he gets me going. Microsoft Vista is HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE

I am angry, irritated, and all around grumpy about this whole thing.

How did we ever get to the place where children without understanding demonically dream up software that doesn't work and then force us to try to use it? That is Microsoft's company policy. Everyone is a beta test site and we pay to be so.

OH, and since I'm sure there is a Microsoft gnome somewhere who is in charge of blogwatching and responding I want to be certain Mr or MS Gnome gets the message. It's like saying anything slightly questioning about the Mormon religion. You immediately have a Mormon Gnome who responds in the form of a comment to your post. It happened to me.

Here is the search engine link language (which also doesn't work on Vista).

Microsoft, Vista, Word 2007, Bad, Poor, Weak, Incompetent, Bill Gates, MS

That's outta get it.

How bout it Mr/MS Gnome. Any comments? I'm waiting.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

lay hands on your 'puter and cast the demons out

Gene said...

I plan to do just that, but first I must do what the Apostle Peter instructed to do in 1 Peter 3:11:

"HE MUST TURN AWAY FROM EVIL AND DO GOOD; HE MUST SEEK PEACE AND PURSUE IT.

That means I must turn away from Vista and return to the Holy Place, XP. Then I will have the peace I seek and pursue.

Who ever said the Bible isn't relative for today?

Anonymous said...

That would be 'relevant' and be sure you are not wearing mixed fiber clothing when you make the switch or you will turn gay. That is in the Bible too.

Anonymous said...

take a breath - thank God you have a computer to begin with (some don't) - and next time you're inconvenienced by something of the world, think about this: when Jesus was on the Cross, you think maybe He was a little inconvenienced for you...?

Julie said...

I like the word "uninstall" better.