Monday, September 24, 2007

When 2 1/2 Hours seems like 30 Minutes

Last night was a groundbreaking night for me.  Peggy and I were sitting under the prophetic and apostolic anointing of John Eckhardt who was a guest at Faith Center in Rockford.  He is the only legitimate territorial apostle for the Chicagoland Region.  I know of no other.
 
The meeting started at 6 pm and was still rumbling at 8:40 as we left.  The service was dismissed at 8:30 but people didn't leave.  It was one of those nights.
 
I got amazing clarity of my purpose during the meeting.  Not by what was said but by what was imparted.   I knew it before but this sealed it for me.
 
When the anointed of God are speaking the oracles of God I could sit still all day.
 
That's what the puritans did.  We often wonder how  they could sit all day in a meeting and not faint.
 
I don't.  Not if the anointing was there.
 
On the other hand if it's not, people start fidgeting and looking at their watches at the 61st minute of a service.
 
What is astounding is there was a packed house.  Hundreds and Hundreds of people, and they stayed. 
 
How could you leave? 
 
Unless your heart were so hard you had already determined to not hear like the Pharisees of old. Then, you would fidget at 61 minutes.
 
What's funny for me is if I go to a play or the opera and the first act is over 90 minutes long I get edgy.  Not here.  I never flinched. Why?
 
The anointing.
 
I could have stayed home and watched the Bears.  I did see the last few minutes of the game.  They lost with or without me.
 
Barry Kolb has a good post on parity.   Baseball, football and Church.  I don't know if I understand baseball and football parity enough to explain that but I do understand the unique factor that sets a church apart. 
 
Yoke Destroying Anointing.
 
Everything else is window dressing.  Good Preaching, lively music, nice building, friendly folks, etc.  Gotta have all that but you still need to see out the window.  The anointing is what allows you to see.

No comments: