Saturday, November 24, 2007

There's no place like Home

We're in Fargo North Dakota. Former home. We lived here for over 20 years after we were married. 20 tumultuous years of our 42. Tough Years. When we left it was to make a new start, new life, new chances.

Illinois was the destination to make that all happen. Now we come back to visit. We no longer live here. It no longer feels like home. It feels like we are visiting old ghosts.

We are here because tomorrow is Baby Dedication. Our son Tim is preaching. He's a good preacher (takes after his dad - ha). Tianna Dawn Redlin, Grandchild 4. We don't baptize babies. I won't go into it but Baptizing babies is not only not scriptural, it's dangerous spiritually.

Another time for that can of worms.

Then after church where my son Tim is preaching, we are off to Hornbachers to "Stock Up". We'll buy the same old things. Lefse, Haralson Apples, Pickled herring, and caramel rolls. We don't get that in Chicagoland.

We have to be back in Chicagoland by noon on Monday. We have opera Monday Night. They will carry that off if we are or are not there. It's Die Frau Ohne Shatten. 4+ hours long, early curtain and a really tough opera. I've listened to it on the radio ONCE. Struggled to get thru it. But Debora Voight is singing so how bad can it be.

My back hurts. Too much sitting. Too much to eat. Sleeping in uncomfortable beds. Overall I'm tired and ready to go home to Chicago.

I've seen enough ghosts from the past reminding me why living where I do was a change I needed.

I need to get back to my regular life.

No comments: