Tuesday, November 06, 2007

What Writers Strike? What about those who write for FREE?

I see that the Daily Show, The Tonight Show, The Colbert Report, Jimmy Kimmel, Saturday Night Live, Conan O'Brien, and lots of other shows are shut down because of a lack of writers.  It's rerunville all over TV.
 
And you thought John Stewart was creative and funny.  He just has good writers.  In real life he's a bore.
 
It is interesting that the political bent of most of the people who write for these shows are left and in some cases way left of center.  George Bush is their favorite whipping boy.  
 
In the same universe at the other end of the political spectrum are clever writers who write for the pure joy of it all.  FOR FREE.  Bloggers.  Clever People who comment for free.
 
So, I've been thinking of some of my favorite blog authors and what shows they should start writing for at once.  We don't need no steenking writers in Hollywood.
 
I'm guessing they would be funnier, have a sharper edge and be more balanced politically.
  • The Colbert Report 
  • The Daily Show 
  • The Tonight Show
  • Conan O'Brien
  • Jimmy Kimmel   
  • Saturday Night Live 
I have my own list, but I wonder if there is anyone who would like to nominate their favorite and why.

1 comment:

LD said...

I probably don't fit your criteria.