Sunday, November 04, 2007

HTML for really really dumb people like me

RBB asked me to tell him how I insert links into my text, particularly in comments.

When I hit the wall long ago I asked my Blog-mentor Julie for a short course. She gave me a little bit of a course but I never really figured it all out.

Then "VIOLA", I discovered Scribefire. It's a HTML editor that works really well and sits underneath Firefox. Bob, if you use Firefox it's an add on. I don't know if Explorer has anything like this. I imagine they do. One caution, Scribefire has more capacity than most comment pages can deal with. You can bold, italics, insert link and maybe a couple other things but if you do you will end up with gobbeldy gook. I know I have done this a few times.

The how to is contained here.

OR do as I do, use Scribefire or it's equivalent. It's pretty idiot proof and for me that's important.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ya couldn’t just say do this and that and VIOLA…no..no…ya had to send me to some dang website and then VIOLA….well I guess….

Ok, ok, ok…more stuff for me to spend my time sitting in front of the dang monitor learning.

Ya know this is gonna cut into my basketball time…geeeezzzz…



(PS, thanks)