Friday, December 28, 2007

Huck climbs

John McCain is creeping up in these Republican polls in a very big way. First, the Fox News national poll shows that he is in a three-way dead heat for first place with Rudy Giuliani and Mike Huckabee.

In Iowa, American Research Group says that he in a strong second place ahead of Mitt Romney. And there are two New Hampshire polls, one by USA Today and another by American Research Group. ARG has McCain and Romney tied for 26% in New Hampshire.

Republican Candidate Fox CA FL IA IA IA NH NH SC
Rudy Giuliani 20% 25% 28% 13% 6% 11% 11% 16% 12%
John McCain 19% 12% 13% 20% 8% 9% 27% 26% 16%
Fred Thompson 10% 6% 8% 5% 16% 9% 4% 4% 15%
Mitt Romney 11% 15% 20% 17% 25% 25% 34% 26% 18%
Mike Huckabee 19% 17% 21% 28% 31% 33% 9% 11% 28%
Ron Paul 3% 3% 2% 4% 5% 6% 9% 4% -
Tom Tancredo 1% 1% - 1% 2% 3% - 1% -
Duncan Hunter 2% 3% 1% - 1% 1% 1% 1% -
Alan Keyes - - - 1% - - - 1% -
Other(vol.) 14% 18% 6% 11% 6% 2% 5% 10% 11%
Details Link Link Link Link Link Link Link Link Link
Sources Link Link Link Link Link Link Link Link Link

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gene, I have this funny feeling (I am sure I am not alone nor is it original) that once Huckabee wins a few primaries and more states get into the swing of things, the folks are gonna take a new look at ole McCain and he will start rising in the poles and might just might become the nominee. I also have a nagging suspicion that Newtie will jump in after Huckabee wins a few, claiming that he is the lone true conservative in America. I also think the moon is made of gorgonzola, some rap is ok and there was no finer looking actress than the young Lauren Bacall. But a snapshot of Grace Kelly will do just fine, thank you very much.
Hey, its semi warm he today and I am going for a walk on the beach, care to join me?

Take care man.

Gene said...

Hi Bob,

You may be right. Even though Huck is a good ol boy bible thumper like me, I don't know that he makes the full cut. It's fun to watch our friends at SA in denial of the Thompson debacle. Waiting didn't work.

McCain might be there at that. It is a fun horse race. I do think that for those of NO FAITH having a bible thumper POTUS makes them really nervous.

On the other hand, I have known personally lots of men like Huckabee, when the nut cutting starts they are as level headed and straight thinking as anyone.

Forget their theologies, look at their politics.

Even Romney.
I doubt Newt will step in. He has more negatives and more baggage than Rudy.

Lauren Bacall was a fine looking woman in her day.

I wish I could be on the beach with or without you. I shoveled 5" of global warming off my drive again.

But, it's nice enough. Better than Dakota. Rob may have me pegged. It might be somewhat backwards looking. I AM convinced however that government has made it worse in Dakota, not better. It's not the state it was.

Anonymous said...

It sure is interesting
From you point of view we survived 8 years of Clinton and from my side we are surviving 8 years of bush.

I guess dat ol man river it just keeps on rollin.