Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Goodbye to a Good Man

I didn't know John Gimenez personally, I knew many of his people and relatives.  I know several of his pastors. Tim Campbell, his nephew, planted the Church in Geneva, New Life Christian Fellowship.  I worked with him in that venture.  John was probably most famous for a gathering in Washington DC called Washington for Jesus
 
I first met John in 1983 when Tim and John flew into a cold Fargo ND to First Assembly.  He led the evening service.  I was impressed and it changed some things for me.   I even remember his sermon, "The Precious Fruit".   I could rehearse it today.  We used to watch Rock Church on CBN and learn their worship choruses to use at First Assembly.  Pam was part of the Worship team then.  Little did I know that years later I would pioneer a work with Tim and Pam and that Pam would lead worship in Geneva. 
 
Well, Brother John has gone on to heaven.  Anne, who I saw a year ago in Dallas will stay on.  Rock Church, which is a big church in Virginia Beach will continue under her leadership.
 
It was a wild ride John, we all look backward and forward  in life.  In death we just look forward to the Lamb upon the Throne.
 
Well Done John.

No comments: