Monday, February 11, 2008

Welcome to the Party (updated)

I don't get the brouhaha over the large number of Exorcisms being done by the Catholic Church. I'm glad, It's a good thing. But, why are they just now getting on board. How did it fall into disuse?

Since I was filled with the Holy Ghost almost 30 years ago I have witnessed, been part of and conducted several casting out of demons. Exorcisms. We didn't call them that, Jesus didn't. He called it bringing release to those oppressed of the Devil. Acts 10:38. We just saw people oppressed of the Devil and cast him out of them. Seems pretty straightforward to me.

I won't give you war stories here but someday I might write an account of several of these. They aren't pretty, some are graphic but nothing to fear. I wonder why this is extraordinary?

Didn't Jesus instruct us to do this in Mark 16? Didn't the Disciples being sent out 2 by 2 do this? Didn't the early Church do this on a routine basis? Didn't Jesus? Didn't he say we should do this too and even greater works? So what's up with all the fanfare? Shouldn't be about the fathers business, cast out demons, heal the sick, step on the things that try to hurt you and be a victor, not a victim. Mark 16. That's the Biblical thing, the Jesus thing to do.

I wish the Non Catholic Church would start doing the things Jesus told them to do. We have denominational churches in America where a Demon has NEVER been cast out in. That's not true in the rest of the world.

It's routine that after a person gets saved in Africa, South America and China that the first thing the leaders of the Church do is cast the demons out of them. If you were oppressed of a devil (unsaved) you have demons, influence or possession. People need deliverance like Mary of Magdla did. Some REALLY need it.

Why isn't casting out demons a regular part of the Church of Jesus in America?

But, to my Catholic brothers, welcome to the party, I know you guys did this a long time ago, I'm glad you picked it back up. There's more demons today than there ever were. Just look at the TV. They need casting out.

Let's get busy.

UPDATE:
Because of this post
(and some other information) a man contacted me. He has a troubled child. He lives in town a long way from here, a town I'm quite familiar with. He believes this child, almost a teenager, needs deliverance. Hearing his story, so do I.

If I were close I would go do it myself. I'm hundreds of miles away. If it were in Rockford, Janesville, Lincoln or any of a hundred other towns I would know where to send them. But, most of the Churches in his town are not fulfilling the commission of Jesus and I am frustrated. I know of a man there who walks in authority. I'll make the connection. This morning it occurred to me that once upon a time recommending a person to do deliverance would have been easy. In our western church today it's not. Time for a change folks. It's time to be about the Fathers business.

No comments: