Monday, February 11, 2008

A Weekend of Breakthrough

In the last 4 days I have seen several great breakthroughs that have been held off for a long time.

At Lord of Life we had a great participation in a difficult situation regarding our worship team. Clumsy and real seems to work OK. Thursday at practice it was terrifying. I had little confidence in our ability to pull this off. I'm not equipped to do this. But we did.

At Faith Center the worship leader last night didn't get the cue for a turn back to the second ending of a song. He launched off into a new direction and the rest of the band went somewhere else. It only lasted a few seconds. Smiles were all around on the platform, and in the end no worship was injured in the whole venture. It was organic and real. I laughed and whispered to Peggy, sounds like we did this morning. I think we are going to make it in worship at LOL.

Men's retreat is coming together but It's still a bit off yet. I'm nervous but not (yet) panicky. I'm praying hard for 17 more men to rise up.

At the house of Prayer Friday night I had a sense that we entered the throne room in a way I had never sensed before. There was a holy terror (fear of God) and great Joy combined in the atmosphere. I had a sense that if anyone violated what the Spirit of God was doing right then it would be an Ananias and Saphirah moment. I had never really had that sense before. We don't treasure it as we should when the Lord Kisses us like that. It was a new realm that I don't know anyone else caught. I did. That was a breakthrough.

Then, coming home from Faith Center last night, I got a call from Pastor Aaron at the E-4 church in Berwyn. They had several (6 or 7) people baptized in the Holy Ghost yesterday. Attendance is way up. God put them in a place they needed to be to do what has happened.

This is a miracle and a sign and a wonder. I'm really excited by this breakthrough. When people in a congregation get the Holy Spirit and begin moving in the gifts (starting with Tongues) a church becomes a new place. This is so exciting and so worth the battle. I know Aaron and Esther have fought this battle a long time, but this is really God.

So, this past weekend has been a real breakthrough. I'm encouraged.

One other thing. On a personal level, I spent an hour in prophetic exchange with one of the prophets at FAITH CENTER after service. He opened some of the mind of God I had not had before. It's always hard to explain what this means. He didn't teach me, he didn't instruct me, he took pieces of scripture and applied it to a situation I am facing. He did it in a way that can only be two edged sword. I don't know many like him.

It's been a weekend of breakthrough.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am happy for you.

Anonymous said...

sounds like you got what you wanted

Anonymous said...

How many hearts were tossed aside for what you want? Do you care about them? Do you feel God might care about that?