Thursday, February 21, 2008

Thinking on Good Things Pays

Last night Peggy and I went to the Shakespeare Theater to see the last of the Bards plays for our Season Ticket.  It was Othello.  If you don't know the play or if you don't think you do it's a powerful and moving examination of deceit.  Iago who pretends to be Othello's friend gets even for a slight in promotion by driving a wedge between Othello and his new bride Desdemona.  Everyone dies.
 
OK.  Short plot.
 
Long meaning of the plot is that Iago does all that with words, suggestions intimation and whispered accusation.
Being quite familiar with the Devil and his Schemes he acts just like Satan.  Satan seldom exactly pummels people.  Some would say he can't.  I'm not sure.  I do know that his main tool is accusation and lies.  He accuses the breathern and is the father of lies.
 
So, when I see this kind of portrayal, I see Satan at work.
 
If Othello had been a Christian and had paid attention to Philippians 4:8 he would have ignored the devil Iago's lies and saved his wife and his own life. For the rest, my brothers, whatever things are true, whatever things have honor, whatever things are upright, whatever things are holy, whatever things are beautiful, whatever things are of value, if there is any virtue and if there is any praise, give thought to these things.
 
This comes to mind because a woman who WAS on my frequently visited blog list was deleted today.  She accused a man I know well and know personally.  Mike Bickle.  I believe the prophetic can be used to blame, accuse and even lie.  When I read what she said I thought, This does not pass the Philippians 4:8 test.  She has completely disqualified herself in the Prophetic if she ever was qualified and has taken the role of Iago.  Spreading division and dissent.
 
I would take her on but it would only encourage her.  She has listened to lies.  What is worse is she has people who believe in her prophetic gift and follow what she says. 
 
I won't denounce her because it would only cause curiosity.
 
Watch out for the whisper of accusation and lies in your life.  The devil still roars about as a roaring lion looking for people to devour.  Sometimes he even uses people who are prophetic.  The abused gift of ministry even if it's Pastor, Evangelist, Teacher, Apostle is an abomination unto God.  I didn't even need to be a prophet to say that.
 
I see too much abuse of the gift in my own Ministry stream.  I say this a lot.  If you are a prophet or any of the other ministry gifts and you use it to build yourself up while you tear others down......CUT IT OUT! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you are a prophet or any of the other ministry gifts and you use it to build yourself up while you tear others down......CUT IT OUT!


Yep.