Thursday, June 19, 2008

Late Night Rude People

Last Night we went to a big time outdoor concert.  Allison Krause and Robert Plant.  They are touring all over the place.  It was at Ravinia.  Kind of our local Tanglewood.
 
In any case I got to hear half the concert.  The other half was occupied by people talking.  Blah Blah Blah.
 
What could anyone have to say that is so important to treat good concert material like background music.
 
I'm an active music listener.  When I listen I listen.  Deeply.  Not here.  Too noisy.
 
I was disgusted.  I won't do that again.  Not that kind of concert.
 
The only good thing was when the reprised some of the old Zeppelin songs old ex hippies who are now housewives and mechanics got up and danced to the music - without restraint - abandoned.
 
I'll bet they don't do that in church.  WHY NOT? 
 
We need more abandoned unrestrained dancing in Church.  They do it to Lead Zeppelin music, why not music to Jesus.
 
I wondered as I watched this late 40 something twirl like she was back as Woodstock.
 
If you go to a concert with or around me - let me say this in the most fruit of the spirit way I know how - Shut the Heck UP!
 

No comments: