Sunday, November 16, 2008

Is there EVER temporal judgement?

There was for Sodom and Gomorrah.

But not at the tower of Siloam.


Who sinned then? Jesus said no one.

But, is there ever temporal punishment? Ever? Today?

I watch the news and see convergent events and terrors. Open rebellion against God in every way. And I have to ask. Is there?

I won't pronounce it, but I am asking myself the question. So should we all. It is a horrible thing to fall into the hands of an angry God.

I just re read the sermon by Jonathon Edwards given in the 1700s. Sinners in the hands of an Angry God.

He certainly postulates that there is indeed temporal punishment for sin on this side of the veil. It's very different from the kind of preaching you hear on Christian TV. Or from most pulpits.

Maybe it's time we tell each other the truth. Judgement is come.

No comments: