Friday, December 19, 2008

I want to be the new Senator from New York, Or Illinois.....

The crackpot idea that Caroline Kennedy should be appointed by Governor David Patterson to be the next Senator in New York State to replace Hillary Clinton is beyond my comprehension.

Because her name is Kennedy. Face it. That's her total qualifications. Oh and that she is liberal.

The election of Barack Obama proves that qualifications are not a prerequisite for elective or appointed office.

This story questioning Caroline Kennedy's appointment misses the real point they gloss over.

The first question most people ask about Caroline Kennedy's pursuit of Hillary Rodham Clinton's Senate seat is: "Why should she get it just because of her name?"
That's the only time the REAL question is asked in the whole story. The rest is just fluff.

I wonder if there are any genuine journalists left in America??

None that I can see.

So, if we are appointing inexperienced people, I qualify. I've never held elective office. I have VOTED. Something Mrs. Kennedy Schlossberg hasn't done apparently.

Is there no shame?

No comments: