Monday, December 08, 2008

Thou shalt have no other gods before me. Exodus 20:3 (Deuteronomy 5:7, Judges 6:10, Hosea 13:4)

Seems like someone doesn't know this commandment very well.

Here is an excerpt from a letter to the editor:

Obama lights a fire in my heart [...]

Obama understands my life, where I have been and where I am going.

He is a real man, a man of good conscience and good character; a man I could turn to as a friend, a brother or a father.

He is a guiding light in our country where the light has dimmed, and the people’s inspiration has wilted.

He brings back the joy, and the hope of America.

He does not discriminate against that which is not like him or that which he doesn’t understand.

With an open mind and an open heart, he has a plan for where we are going.

He is willing to take our weary bones and souls and put new life into them to create a place that can grow, prosper and renew.

I voted for Obama because I believe in him, and because he believes in me[...] .


I would advise you to read the whole thing but it would make you very sad. This is an actual college student. I hope she gets A's. Somehow I doubt it.

The problem is God's promise is also to tear down and destroy everything that comes between him and you. She is in a soft way pronouncing a curse on him. Think I'm kidding? Look at what the Prophet Isaiah in Chapter 2:22. He will remove every single thing that you hold up in honor or worship above the Lord God Almighty.

Repentance would be in order.

No comments: