Saturday, August 15, 2009

Holiness will not lead to more Power

Holiness is NOT Power! Holiness does NOT produce power. Are we to become like Jesus so that we may preach like Spurgeon? This is truth standing on its head! Shouldn’t we be holy even if we never preached a sermon? Holiness is for the sake of holiness. To be like Jesus has its own reward! “Blessed are the pure of heart, for they shall see God” – not revival! I believe in sanctification and holiness with all of my heart, but if holiness produced power then we could say: Look what my holiness has done! That would be shocking.

Look at PETER in Acts 3:12: The miracle did NOT happen because of his “own godliness”. Weeks before he had denied the Lord. I sometimes think I can hear sobbings between the lines of Peter’s writings. Here is the answer: Acts 3:16 “FAITH in His name”… releases POWER! FAITH is the power-switch! And now the summary: Holiness for holiness – faith for power!

Blessed or puzzled? Please let me know. REINHARD BONNKE.

No comments: