Thursday, August 13, 2009

My cousin Paul died on Sunday Night.... He was a fellow plantsman... He will be missed

Paul A. Lee
Funeral services for Paul A. Lee, age 40, of Summit, SD, will be at 10:00 a.m. on Friday, August 14, 2009, at Hope Lutheran Church in Summit. Rev. Craig Werling will officiate. Music will be provided by Val Moen as organist and Bill Rohlfing as soloist. Paul passed away on Sunday, August 9, 2009, at the hospital in Watertown, SD.

Burial will be in Hope Lutheran Cemetery near Summit. Honorary pallbearers will be: Michaela McBride, Trey McBride, Xander McBride, and Talya LaBarr. Active pallbearers will be: Tom J. Lee, Jimmy McBride, Mike Lee, Brandon McBride, Ralph LaBarr, and Brian Hanson.

Visitation will be at the Crawford Funeral Chapel in Watertown on Thursday from 4 to 7 p.m. and Friday prior to services at the church. The family is requested to meet at the church on Friday by 9:30 a.m. for a prayer service.

Paul was born on January 6, 1969, in Watertown, SD, to Bernard and Kathryn (LaBarr) Lee. He graduated from Summit high school in 1987. Following graduation, he worked at Sioux Conifer Nursery for eight years, then Lakeland Nursery, and most recently he worked at Wal-Mart, in the garden center. Paul was admired by many customers and co-workers for his knowledge and helpfulness.

He was a member of Hope Lutheran Church. Paul was an avid reader of science fiction and horticulture books. He was self-educated in the area of horticulture because of his interest in plants, trees, gardens, and water gardens. Paul was quiet, kind, and compassionate, known as the ‘gentle giant’. He was probably the bravest person his family has ever known.

Paul is survived by his mother, Kathryn, of Summit; two sisters: Barbara (James) McBride of South Shore, SD, and Pamela Hanson and her special friend, Brian Hanson, of Vermillion, SD; two nephews: Jimmy McBride and Brandon McBride; one great-niece; two great-nephews; and his Wal-Mart family.

He was preceded in death by his father, in 2008; and one brother, Bernard T. Lee, Jr., in 1972.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How sad and our loss but the Lord's gain.

Anonymous said...

Gene, it is me Paul's sister Barb. Thank you so much for your write up on Paul. Yes he will be missed. He was a wonderful brother and person. He loved all kinds of plants, he taught me a bit about trees, he and I shared veggie gardening tips, but mostly flower tips. He was of great help to me, he and I could talk for hours about flower gardening and flowerbeds, container gardening, ponds, what to plant and why. I miss him so much, but I also know that he is with me, helping me along the way.

Anonymous said...

Gene, it is me Paul's sister Barb. Thank you so much for your write up on Paul. Yes he will be missed. He was a wonderful brother and person. He loved all kinds of plants, he taught me a bit about trees, he and I shared veggie gardening tips, but mostly flower tips. He was of great help to me, he and I could talk for hours about flower gardening and flowerbeds, container gardening, ponds, what to plant and why. I miss him so much, but I also know that he is with me, helping me along the way.