Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Kathryn Mary Lee, age 75 - Changes Worlds

Sometimes regret hits quickly. I was in South Dakota a couple weeks ago. During that time I drove right by the House Kathryn Lee, my aunt, wife of the late Tom Lee (my Mom's brother). I was tired. I didn't stop. Thought about it. I thought I needed a nap more. So, a visit that would have been good for me was passed up.

Then Monday (My 65th birthday) she passed away. I didn't know she was ill. Apparently few did. My cousin Jim DID stop and see her and said she was fine as far as he could see.

I guess the point is, I didn't stop for the good Hug she always had ready. I missed it. I missed out.

SHE will be missed. But, now she is with her Man once again. Her kids will miss her. Barb and Pam. Paul, her son passed a few months ago. Her son Bernhard died years ago as a very young man. She had seen enough pain for a lifetime. I suspect eternity is better.

This made the song that's been in my head even more meaningful.

Ronnie Spector sings Johnny Thunder's "You can't put your arms around a Memory". It's true.

I missed my chance. But, I'll see you soon is really the case. Lead on Aunt Kathryn.

No comments: