Saturday, March 20, 2010

OBAMACARE and Medicare..why will one be better than the other?

I had my first medicare checkup. Routine stuff.

One of the things that my doctor has been nagging me about was getting a Colonoscopy. When I inquired about the cost, I was told that as a self payer (a year ago) that the price was $3500.

I declined.

Then after my Medicare checkup She said I should still have a colonoskpy and that Medicare paid for it. But, to be sure I should stop at the finance office and check. The nice young lady was loquacious informational.

Self Pay Colonscopy $3500
Health Insurance Pays for a Colonoscopy $1400
Medicare Pays for a Colonoscopy $200

I asked, how is that possible? How can a doctor afford to do that for that kind of money? She said cheerfully, “OH, they can’t. They write the rest off and it adds to the overhead”.

I hate the fact this exists. I hate the fact that this kind of thing will force us into OBAMACARE.

I hate that this is going to bankrupt America.

How did this get so screwed up?

No comments: