Sunday, May 09, 2010

On Mothers Day

www.huffingtonpost.com
It's easy to cast a critical eye on the methods and imperfections of our mothers. Let's not today. Let's just identify the unheralded gift of having had a mother who authentically cared.


People who Mother are Mothers just as people who Father are Fathers. It's an act of intention not of biology. My Mother and Father died when I was 13. I was raised by my aunt and uncle...Mother and Father. I have had many who filled the role. Now I fill the role. It's not just the biology. It's the intention. Flawed or otherwise.

Father God, the perfect Father is also the perfect MOTHER...He loves and cares for you more than your Mother ever could.
"Can a mother forget the baby at her breast and have no compassion on
the child she has borne? Though she may forget, I will not forget you! See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands; your walls are ever
before me". Isaiah 49:15-16

Mothers day Honors those who in a faulty way try to emulate Father God's perfection in Mothering. If Mom saw fault...HE sees destiny, if Mom made dumb mistakes....He never does, if Mom sometimes would hurt you or favor others...you are HIS favorite...and He shows you every day.

Forgive MOM...she's not God. She's a fellow pilgrim. In a spiritual sense..she's your sister. She will stand beside you before the throne of God in awe of HIS perfection for what she could never give.

Someday she will need you to hold her hand as she steps from temporal to timelessness. She will want to have peace from you. It's a gift. Give it. Give it today.

Forgive and restore the broken walls. They are ever before me...Says the Lord.

No comments: