Thursday, December 01, 2011

I know several churches that are very much like the Crystal Cathedral. They too will die because of the inbreeding that a son or daughter brings when the succession passes to them because dad says it should. It seldom works. The only ones that do are when the successor goes away, has success on his or her own, and then after a few years of accomplishment returns to pick up the reins. These situ...ations suffer because the successors anointed have lived in a hothouse environment, never having to learn the rough and tumble ways of public ministry and when the real heat and cold comes they wilt. It is a hard thing, but the best thing a person who is going to be your successor to do is LEAVE for a while. Learn to stand on your own feet and then come back battle hardened. When I see a young person striving to follow on in their father's footsteps in ministry and Dad is paving the way to make it possible, all I see is failure about to happen. I have a friend with children in ministry with...See More
www.christianpost.com
I liken my grief of the Crystal Cathedral’s death to grieving a loved one with a terminal illness. Now that it’s over, in this moment, I can breath a sigh of relief.

No comments: