Saturday, December 24, 2011

I watched Bait Car. A show where the cops stage a car on the road unprotected, wait till it's taken by a perp. Part of me thinks it's a good thing to get the perps off the street, part of me thinks this is entrapment and should be illegal. I'm torn. I would NEVER even THINK of getting in a car not mine, no matter what. Yet...these guys do and they go to jail. MAYBE the idea that there are bait cars will defer the perps from "going for it". HMMMM
www.trutv.com
A shadowy figure walks past an unattended automobile. It's unlocked. The engine's running. No owner in sight. Without hesitation, the perp climbs into the driver's seat and speeds off, thinking he has evaded punishment. Unfortunately for him, a hidden video camera has been installed on the dashboard...

No comments: