Thursday, July 26, 2012

I am doing a series on the 15 core skill sets. I have a suspicion as we go along you will discover that the reason so many are unemployed or unemployable is because they don't possess these skill sets at even a basic level. I know this is true. People aren't available to fill these positions... they don't have the SKILLS. OJT and a College degree is not the point. They are not preparing people to be skilled. SKILLS are the key. One skill I mentioned today was the skill of orientation. Finding north and not getting lost. I had a truck driver once who couldn't read a map, and even if he had been someplace before, he was so bad at finding his way, he couldn't find it again. Constantly lost. That's not mental disorder, that's a lack of skill. I had to let him go. He's still unemployed.

No comments: