Wednesday, October 10, 2012

In Selecting Men For Office...

"Let principle be your guide. Regard not the particular sect or denomination of the candidate-look to his character. The scriptures teach that rulers should be men who rule in the fear of God, able men, men of truth, hating covetousness. It is to the neglect of this rule that we must ascribe the multiplied frauds, breaches of trust, and embezzlement's of public property which tarnish the character of our country and disgrace government. When a citizen gives his vote to a man of known immorality, he abuses his civic responsibility; he sacrifices not only his interest, but that of his neighbor; he betrays the interest of his country."-Noah Webster, 1823

1 comment:

margaret said...

Interesting what Kim Clement said about Reagan and what he says is coming, God willing, in the next administration:

May 2010:
"Now God says one more thing to tell you at this altar, before you give to me what you would love to honor me with, that I may honor you back, I had a servant who became a President. While he was yet a young cowboy he prayed to become the President one day and he promised me that he would take this nation and that he would bring prayer, joy, righteousness. He would not jump behind pulpits but he would take that authority that I gave to him. My servant was Ronald Reagan and he is with me but he also prayed and I refuse for those prayers to be mocked, for surely what began shall be finished through him in this NEXT Presidency!"

Dec 2011:

"So the word of the Lord that's coming to me as I'm praying now and calling to Him is that there is a strategy that God has, and please don't take this wrong, and this is not only regarding the political aspect, for those that disagree with Reagan maybe, but the Lord spoke to me and said, "I honored him, and so there will be a re-visitation of Reagan."

Now obviously this is not speaking about reincarnation, but there will be a spiritual and political re-visitation of Reagan, "And I shall even place someone there that will have that in their heart. As I blessed Reagan and caused this country to come forth and be restored, so it shall begin. The era shall begin in the next seven years. "

March 2011:
"He’s chastising at this very moment in order to set things straight because there is an administration that is going to come forth, there’s a new party that is going to come forth, an administration and a ruler that is going to rule with righteousness and there are going to be people that come forth and they’re going to say, “What has happened to this nation? It’s gone from one extreme to the other.” That’s right, and I’m not talking about radical Christianity in the White House. I’m not talking about that. I’m talking about righteous ruling and reigning, and that’s about to come upon us."