Wednesday, October 10, 2012

It disturbed me a bit on Saturday watching the Penn State Northwestern Game on TV. There were 90,000 people in the stands cheering the Penn State team on like nothing had ever happened. I am German. I come from people displaced and punis
hed because our nation lost a war. I didn't do anything wrong, My forefathers didn't do anything wrong. They weren't guilty for the crimes in war our leaders committed. Yet they took our land and ran us off. We suffered shame because the nation sinned by having leaders who were evil. How is that different from Penn State? It would be as if Torchlight Parades and "Deutschland, Deutschland über alles"were sung in the streets the year after the war ended with crowds of people cheering. People keep saying, what did those players and fans do wrong? Why punish them? I ask the same thing of my fathers land?. They should NOT have played foot ball for a few years. This was wrong. It bothered me.

No comments: