Saturday, August 03, 2013

Bring on the FEASTS of GOD

I am observant. Not Jewish. Not schizophrenic. Just observant. Every fall I have moments of remembrance about the upcoming feast days. I observe them. i also observe Christmas, even though in reality it has almost nothing to do with the Birth of Jesus, I observe and call the day EASTER even though every year I am subjected to catcalls for doing so by those who insist it has to do with a pagan Egyptian god. I don't do this from the position of a religious responsibility or legalism, but out of awe for the God who created this all and told those who He chose that this was important. Yes this is a New Covenant thing or you have to tear all of Zechariah 14 out of the Bible to miss the overflow. OK, not that harsh. And if you are into tearing chapters out of your Bible, and think this is a gobbledy gook, you might want to get rid of Leviticus 23 where the Spirit of the Lord says this is an eternal feast to all generations. All in the ancient Hebrew tongue sorta means in the Gene's concordance--- ALL. So it it's OK with you, I will remember the day of MY atonement at the Cross with special solemnity. Mark the New Year and attach some willow branches on my booth along with remembrances of the day of Harvest and his dwelling among us. I will also bring a Succot offering to the Lord. Will I be harmed by all this? Probably not. Are these dead works? I don't think so... other than it Works so far. BUT IF you choose to do this, don't do it other than out of respect and honor, not out of religious obligation. Heck, you shouldn't even go to CHURCH that way.

No comments: