Saturday, August 03, 2013

IF you wait ten years you will be ten years behind your calling. GO.

I am exhausted with people who question and disparage their situation (trapped, stuck, discouraged, done, sick of it all),,,, that kind of thing. YET, when I press them to ask them the key question, "What are you going to stop doing or start doing that will break you out of this cycle?". They get angry. They think I am being accusatory. I would ask that of my sons. I would ask that of my siblings. I would ask that of anyone who I care about. One person I know well said, "I feel like I'm at a dead end. I can't seem to make any progress. I have to figure out some way to get out of this." This person is not married. In their 20s. Could afford a couple tanks of gas. Has a vehicle. Owns some clothes. All this person needs to do is pick a direction on the compass they have always wished to go, and GO. Aimlessness is a disease and you can be aimless just staying put waiting for something to happen. Well, here's a truth, not all change ends up being improvement but this I guarantee, unless something changes, there is NO Chance for improvement. Zip. Nada. Stuck and Stasis are the same word. Get in the car and go.

No comments: