Saturday, August 03, 2013

Why do these things always end up dead end in extortion?

 I have companies I go to that happen to be run by certain ethnic groups. If I want my car repaired, I will go to a Mexican repair shop. They just do better. If I want body work done, I go to an Anglo shop. They are well run. If I want landscaping done I hire the Local Hispanic guys, they cost more but they do a great job. If I want Pizza.. yup, Italian. If I want my house repaired I hire that Irish guy I know. He gets it done. If I want clothing made, a Korean guy I know does a great job, A local lady who does my clothing repairs is Chinese, When I need plumbing done, that Polish fellow from across town is the call I make. Now to be fair, this is only one guys experience. I don't believe for a minute that ethnicity has anything to do with it. They are just really good at what they do and I call them to get the things done I need done. IF I want Ribs, the place on west Madison in Chicago is where I go. If I want soul food, there is a place on the south side I frequent. I don't think Mexican Ribs even sounds good. SO, when I saw this article, I thought, OK, who then is this company? What do they have to commend them other than race for this work? What history is there? What competence have they displayed. That is how these decisions must be made, not by the color of their skin, but the competence they possess.

No comments: