Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Why I Yell

Then Isaiah said to Hezekiah, “Hear the word of the LORD of hosts: Behold, the days are coming, when all that is in your house, and that which your fathers have stored up till this day, shall be carried to Babylon. Nothing shall be left, says the LORD. And some of your own sons, who will come from you, whom you will father, shall be taken away, and they shall be eunuchs in the palace of the king of Babylon.” Then Hezekiah said to Isaiah, “The word of the LORD that you have spoken is good.” For he thought, “There will be peace and security in my days.”

(Isaiah 39:5-8 ESV)

There are days when I feel like Hezekiah. I want to give up. I want let it all go to hell in a handbasket. IF I live for 20 more years I might think at least there will be peace and security in my days. But then I look in the mirror. I think about my kids. About my grandchildren. About the generations to come and I say.. NO... I will stand hard against the decline, the evil, the demons who would destroy us.

I am not content to let it all go down the drain without crying out

No comments: